Well it has been a few days since I got the email for the new release of Apache and I was going to write about it sooner. But as happens often I got sidetracked and didn’t think of it until error reports came in via email and comments that there was something wrong with my compilation instructions.
It looks like we need an extra flag to compile properly namely the “
--with-included-apr” option to force internal APR functionality and not from another package. The installation page has been updated accordingly !
There are more changes and bugs fixed besides this change, you can read all about them at the download page of apache, read the Changes file. I can’t link to it directly as it is dynamically altered to link to a mirror in your neighborhood.