The PHP development team released an update to the core PHP system. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a major stability and security enhancement to the 5.2.1 release. Everybody is strongly encouraged to upgrade to this release as soon as possible. Release notes can be found here and the changelog here.
Quoted from the announcement:
Security Enhancements and Fixes in PHP 5.2.2:
- Fixed CVE-2007-1001, GD wbmp used with invalid image size (by Ivan Fratric)
- Fixed asciiz byte truncation inside mail() (MOPB-33 by Stefan Esser)
- Fixed a bug in mb_parse_str() that can be used to activate register_globals (MOPB-26 by Stefan Esser)
- Fixed unallocated memory access/double free in in array_user_key_compare() (MOPB-24 by Stefan Esser)
- Fixed a double free inside session_regenerate_id() (MOPB-22 by Stefan Esser)
- Added missing open_basedir & safe_mode checks to zip:// and bzip:// wrappers. (MOPB-21 by Stefan Esser).
- Limit nesting level of input variables with max_input_nesting_level as fix for (MOPB-03 by Stefan Esser)
- Fixed CRLF injection inside ftp_putcmd(). (by loveshell[at]Bug.Center.Team)
- Fixed a possible super-global overwrite inside import_request_variables(). (by Stefano Di Paola, Stefan Esser)
- Fixed a remotely trigger-able buffer overflow inside bundled libxmlrpc library. (by Stanislav Malyshev)
- Fixed a header injection via Subject and To parameters to the mail() function (MOPB-34 by Stefan Esser)
- Fixed wrong length calculation in unserialize S type (MOPB-29 by Stefan Esser)
- Fixed substr_compare and substr_count information leak (MOPB-14 by Stefan Esser) (Stas, Ilia)
- Fixed a remotely trigger-able buffer overflow inside make_http_soap_request(). (by Ilia Alshanetsky)
- Fixed a buffer overflow inside user_filter_factory_create(). (by Ilia Alshanetsky)
I still have the same issue on the PPC platform as with 5.2.1 which I’m still working on to solve. But it takes some time before I can move everything from my production server to a temporary one.