I noticed that my spam filter wan’t performing as well as it used to do. Somehow more and more spam wasn’t blocked anymore. It was becoming annoying. I didn’t have this problem on my system at home before I migrated to macminicolo.net. I looked around on my old system which is still doing it’s work as a backup-mx for my primary server in Vegas.

I found out that a weekly cron job which was purging the DSpam database and removed the old “out-of-date” stuff wasn’t there. I never got around to document it so therefore I had not installed it during the migration. Well there is no better time than the now to correct it. I’ve documented it (Purging the Dspam database automatically) and installed it on my machine. Spam filtering will improve now!

I’m sorry about having left this out for you all!