24 Oct 2010
It’s a busy weekend with 2 updates for me and Timo found another couple of errors in Dovecot 2.x and released a new version. I’ve compiled and tested it without any issues…
- Pre-login CAPABILITY includes IDLE again. Mainly to make Blackberry servers happy.
- auth: auth_cache_negative_ttl default was 0 in earlier v2.0.x, but it was supposed to be 1 hour as in v1.x. Changed it back to 1h. If you want it disabled, make sure doveconf shows it as 0.
- dbox: Added support for saving mail attachments to external files, with also support for single instance storage. This feature hasn’t had much testing yet, so be careful with it.
- doveadm: Added import command for importing mails from other storages.
- Reduced NFS I/O operations for index file accesses
- dbox, Maildir: When copying messages, copy also already cached fields from dovecot.index.cache
- mdbox: Added mdbox_preallocate_space setting (Linux+ext3/XFS only)
- Maildir: LDA/LMTP assert-crashed sometimes when saving a mail.
- Fixed leaking fds when writing to dovecot.mailbox.log.
- Fixed rare dovecot.index.cache corruption
- IMAP: SEARCH YOUNGER/OLDER wasn’t working correctly