16 Jan 2011
A new version of Dovecot has been released, I’ve installed it on my test servers without a problem. Check the improvements and decide if you want to upgrade:
- Linux: Fixed a high system CPU usage / high context switch count performance problem
- Maildir: Avoid unnecessarily reading dovecot-uidlist while opening mailbox.
- Maildir: Fixed renaming child mailboxes when namespace had a prefix.
- mdbox: Don’t leave partially written messages to mdbox files when aborting saving.
- Fixed master user logins when using userdb prefetch
- lda: Fixed a crash when trying to send “out of quota” reply
- lmtp: If delivering duplicate messages to same user’s INBOX, create different GUIDs for them. This helps to avoid duplicate POP3 UIDLs when pop3_uidl_format=%g.
- virtual storage: Fixed saving multiple mails in a transaction (e.g. copy multiple messages).
- dsync: Saved messages’ save-date was set to 1970-01-01.