Here is a new version of Postfix, just released and I’ve got it tested on Snow Leopard and Leopard on my test machines. It solves some small bugs as listed below:
- Fixed a “signal 11″ bug with Postfix SMTP server debug logging at smtpd_tls_loglevel ≥ 3.
- The Postfix SMTP and QMQP servers no longer look up IPv6 address information while looking up the FCRDNS (forward-confirmed reverse DNS) hostname for an IPv4 remote client (and vice versa).
- The postscreen(8) daemon no longer logs a “connection reset by peer” warning when a remote SMTP client hangs up prematurely.
- Removed spurious configuration parameters from “postconf” output, by deleting the #ifdef MIGRATION_WARNING transitional code from postscreen(8).
- Assorted minor documentation fixes.
Some people have reported problems with updating from an older version that the TLS is no longer working. If you upgrade please add this line to your main.cf configuration file:
and restart postfix. Everything should work as expected.
As usual you can read the instructions on how to upgrade Postfix at Upgrading Postfix.