13 May 2011
A new version of Dovecot has been released, as usual I’ve installed it on my test servers and production server without a problem. Check the improvements and decide if you want to upgrade as it are many small fixes, plus some more noticeable:
- Added “doveadm index” command to add unindexed messages into index/cache. If full text search is enabled, it also adds unindexed messages to the fts database
- added “doveadm director dump” command.
- pop3: Added support for showing messages in “POP3 order”, which can be different from IMAP message order. This can be useful for migrations from other servers. Implemented it for Maildir as ‘O’ field in dovecot-uidlist.
- doveconf: Fixed a wrong “subsection has ssl=yes” warning.
- mdbox purge: Fixed wrong warning about corrupted extrefs.
- sdbox: INBOX GUID changed when INBOX was autocreated, leading to trouble with dsync.
- script-login binary wasn’t actually dropping privileges to the user/group/chroot specified by its service settings.
- Fixed potential crashes and other problems when parsing header names that contained NUL characters.