10 Jul 2011
Here is a new version of Postfix, just released and I’ve got it tested on Snow Leopard and Leopard on my test machines. It solves some small bugs as listed below:
- Performance: a high load of DSN success notification requests could slow down the queue manager. Solution: make the trace client asynchronous, just like the bounce and defer clients.
- The local(8) delivery agent ignored table lookup errors in mailbox_command_maps, mailbox_transport_maps, fallback_transport_maps and (while bouncing mail to alias) alias owner lookup.
- Workaround: dbl.spamhaus.org rejects lookups with “No IP queries” even if the name has an alphanumerical prefix. We play safe, and skip both RHSBL and RHSWL queries for names ending in a numerical suffix.
- The “sendmail -t” command reported “protocol error” instead of “file too large”, “no space left on device” etc.
- The Postfix Milter client reported a temporary error instead of “file too large” in three cases.
- Linux kernel version 3 support. Linus Torvalds has reset the counters for reasons not related to changes in code.